Press accreditation open for the world’s leading global health conference
Berlin, September 13, 2022
The World Health Summit and the World Health Organization (WHO) as co-organizer jointly invite to the world’s leading global health conference. The World Health Summit 2022 from October 16-18 in Berlin will bring together the most prominent names in global health from all sectors in all regions of the world. Speakers will include heads of state and government ministers, renowned scientists, and high-level representatives from the private sector as well as civil society. Issues topping the agenda are climate change and health, pandemic preparedness, digital transformation, and sustainable health systems.
Media representatives can apply now for on-site accreditation, please find all information below.
Under the theme “Making the Choice for Health” over 300 speakers in 60 sessions will discuss new strategies for global health and set the course for a healthier, more equitable future. At the opening ceremony on Sunday, October 16 at 6PM CET, speakers will include German Chancellor Scholz, Senegal’s President Sall, and WHO Director-General Tedros.
Central Topics 2022:
- Investment for Health and Well-Being
- Climate Change and Planetary Health
- Architecture for Pandemic Preparedness
- Digital Transformation for Health
- Food Systems for Health
- Health Systems Resilience and Equity
- Global Health for Peace
More on program
Digital participation will be possible without prior registration. Zoom links will be available during WHS 2022 at www.worldhealthsummit.org
Speakers 2022 include:
- Olaf Scholz, Federal Chancellor, Germany
- Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General, World Health Organization (WHO)
- Emmanuel Macron, President, France
- Macky Sall, President, Senegal & Chairperson, African Union
- Karl Lauterbach, Federal Minister of Health, Germany
- Svenja Schulze, Federal Minister of Economic Cooperation and Development, Germany
- Bettina Stark-Watzinger, Federal Minister of Education and Research, Germany
- Steffi Lemke, Federal Minister for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Nuclear Safety and Consumer Protection, Germany
- Wilhelmina S. Jallah, Minister of Health, Liberia
- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Former President, Liberia & Co-Chair of the Advisory Board of “Our Common Agenda,” United Nations
- Stella Kyriakides, Commissioner for Health and Food Safety, European Commission
- Akinwumi Adesina, President, African Development Bank Group
- Awa Marie Coll-Seck, Minister of State to the President, Senegal
- Christos Christou, International President, Doctors Without Borders
- Heyo K. Kroemer, CEO, Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- Ayoade Alakija, Special Envoy for the Access to COVID-19 Tools Accelerator,
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Seth Berkley, CEO, Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance
- Jeremy Farrar, Director, Wellcome Trust
- Marco Lambertini, Director-General, World Wildlife Fund (WWF) International
- Eckart von Hirschhausen, Physician and Comedian
WHS 2022 will be the first joint World Health Summit co-hosted with WHO and will be held under the patronage of German Federal Chancellor Olaf Scholz, French President Emmanuel Macron, and WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus.
Aims of WHS 2022 are to strengthen exchange, stimulate innovative solutions to health challenges, foster global health as a key political issue and promote a global health conversation in the spirit of the UN Sustainable Development Goals: SDG 17 “Partnership for the Goals”.
Press information: https://www.worldhealthsummit.org/whs-2022/media-center.html
Please apply for on-site press accreditation by Wednesday, October 12: https://www.worldhealthsummit.org/whs-2022/media-center/accreditation
The entire World Health Summit is open to the press, but please understand that places for journalists on-site are limited. Digital participation is possible without accreditation.
For on-site participation, we will follow the state of Berlin’s COVID-19 regulations in effect at the time of the event.
World Health Summit
October 16-18, 2022
Hotel Berlin Central District Stauffenbergstraße 26
Berlin, Germany & Digital
Alida Tiekötter firstname.lastname@example.org