The GHA – German Health Alliance continues to grow even in COVID-19 times. Since the official announcement of the merger of the three predecessor organisations to form the GHA in the middle of last year, 22 new member companies and organisations have joined, most of them since the beginning of this year. The GHA now bundles the competencies and expertise of 106 members, covering a particularly wide range of innovative products, technologies, solutions and services in the healthcare sector.
Since the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic, GHA has also been extremely active in organizing, conducting and supporting events with well-known, prestigious partner organizations. These include online conferences, seminars and web events
- with the Global Parliamentarian Network UNITE, in which 121 parliamentarians from 60 countries are organised,
- with the Health Innovation Exchange of the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS)
- with the Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics (FIND) from Geneva,
- with the Asian Development Bank (ADB),
- with the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI),
- with the Konrad Adenauer Foundation,
and on the topic of Covid-19 in Africa with the participation of high-ranking representatives of governments and international organisations and actors from the private sector and science as well as non-governmental organisations,
- a six-part web event series with the Afrika-Verein der deutschen Wirtschaft and
- a five-part seminar series running under the auspices of the Africa Health Business Symposium (AHBS).
Despite Covid-19, at this year’s MEDICA in Düsseldorf from 16-19 November 2020, the world’s largest trade fair for medical technologies, GHA, which includes almost 50 medical technology companies, will also be represented by having a larger information stand.