Africa: Covid-19 Testing | 23. September 2020
Covid – 19 Testing: Possibilities and Challenges in Africa
From screening of certain groups to sampling to targeted testing of people showing COVID-19 symptoms – many different COVID-19 testing strategies are widely discussed in science, governance and media. In African countries, these discussions are always led in the light of availability of and access to testing equipment.
This Expert Panel will therefore focus on different types of tests, which testing-strategies are supported by which kinds of tests and how equal access for all can be ensured. Knowing who is infected and who is susceptible to COVID-19 is an important key to conquering this pandemic.
Opening and Welcoming Remarks
Christoph Kannengiesser | CEO | Afrika-Verein
Presentations followed by a Panel Discussion and then a Q&A session
- Dr Joyce Moriku Kaducu | Minister of State for Primary Health Care | Uganda
- Dr Sabin Nsanzimana | Director General | Rwanda Biomedical Centre (RBC)-tbc
- Jean-Charles Clouet | Marketing Laboratory Diagnostics Europe, Middle East & Africa | Siemens Healthineers
- Dr Yenew Kebede | Head | Laboratory Systems Africa CDC
- Dr. Heidi Albert | Head South Africa | Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics (FIND)
- Representative of WHO
Chair: Dr. Michael Rabbow| GHA Ambassador, International Relations
A registration is obligatory but free of charge for GHA-Members.