Health Innovation Exchange: Events during the WHA 2023 | 22 – 25 May 2023
During this year’s World Health Assembly (WHA ) 2023 the Health Innovation Exchange (HIEx) as a multi-layered platform that acts as a neutral facilitator and broker of innovative solutions for health organises several events:
Leveraging Innovation and Investing for a Resilient Future
Convening policy makers, innovators and investors on the margins of the WHA 2023
- 6.00pm-7.30pm: Investing for scale and impact – followed by a reception, Venue: Hotel Intercontinental, Geneva
- 8.00am – 3.00pm: Health Innovation Marketplace – Venue: Hotel Intercontinental, Geneva
- 8.00am – 9.30am: Through the looking glass – What innovations and technologies are shaping the future of healthcare? – breakfast meeting – Venue: Hotel Intercontinental, Geneva
- 10.00am – 11.00am: Equity on the frontlines: Expanding Access through investing in female health entrepreneurs Venue: Hotel Intercontinental, Geneva
- 12.30pm – 2.00pm: Going Viral: partnerships for resilient health systems Venue: Hotel Intercontinental, Geneva
Leadership insights: Date: 22-25 May 2023 Meetings are being scheduled based on areas identified by select countries and partners – the agenda is led by the countries.
Please find additional information here: HIEx WHA event 2023
Mr. Pradeep Kakkattil
The GHA – German Health Alliance has a long-standing partnership with HIEx cooperating for several events concerning global health.
Leveraging innovation and technology is essential to fast-track progress to reach Universal Health Coverage (UHC) and other health-related Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) targets. While new solutions for health are emerging in different parts of the world, these do not always get adopted on scale to deliver impact. There is a disconnect between innovators and implementers that needs to be bridged.
The Health Innovation Exchange identifies challenges faced by implementers and connects them with innovations that have high potential for impact. It also links with investors to scale up the efforts and develop sustainable solutions. The Health Innovation Exchange builds upon and shares the expertise of countries, global health actors, innovators, communities and the private sector.
Launched on the sidelines of the World Health Assembly in Geneva in May 2019, the HIEx is a UNAIDS initiative. UNAIDS is the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) leads and inspires the world to achieve its shared vision of zero new HIV infections, zero discrimination and zero AIDS-related deaths. The Health Innovation Exchange is founded on a shared commitment to leave no one behind in its journey to achieve the SDGs.