GHA-AV COVID-19 Webinar 1: “The Coronavirus Pandemic” | April 8, 2020
GHA-AV Working Group Health Covid-19 Webinar 1: “The Coronavirus Pandemic” | April 8, 2020
To keep you informed about the latest developments on Corona in Africa and its importance for the health industry, we are planning a complete series of webinars on the topic of health in the coming weeks.
- 08 April 2020, 11:00 – 13:00h: Africa Working Group Health: “The Coronavirus Pandemic”, Recording of Webinar
- 28 April 2020, 11:00 – 12:15h: German Private Sector Response, Programme
- 06 Mai 2020, 11:00 – 12:15h: “Boosting local manufacturing capacity to match the demand for healthcare and pharmaceutical products”
- 12 Mai 2020, 11:00 – 12:15h: “Financing for COVID-19 Responses”
- 28 Mai 2020, 11:00 – 12:15h: “The Role of E-Health and Digital Solutions beyond Pandemics”
We will send a link to all registered participants before the event to enable them to participate in the session.
We look forward to your participation.
Challenging times call for innovation and bundling of forces. This is currently more true for no other sector than the health care industry – a high-tech market on course for expansion with outstanding significance for Germany as an industrial location and with great growth potential in our partner countries in Africa, and also of decisive importance for the socio-economic development of our neighbouring continent.
GHA – German Health Alliance and Afrika-Verein der deutschen Wirtschaft offer you a platform to exchange ideas with leading German companies, experts, political and civil society representatives from Germany and African representatives on the topic of “Covid-19”.
The focus will be on the current challenges facing the health sector. First we would like to give you an overview of the current situation, followed by the perspective of the United Nations using the example of UNAIDS. Then we would like to exchange views with you on German development cooperation and discuss which forms of prevention, diagnosis and treatment pathways we can map and what closer cooperation among each other might look like.