Askina® SilNet is a thin, porous, soft silicone wound contact layer, consisting of a conformable non-woven material, coated on both sides with a soft silicone layer.
Askina® SilNet is designed to protect the wound site from the mechanical disruption during dressing changes. It prevents adhesion of the secondary dressing to the wound surface and minimizes the trauma associated with dressing changes. Its porous structure allows vertical passage of exudate into the secondary absorbing dressing, which should be changed as required.
Askina® SilNet can be left in place for several days, as long as the exudate passes freely into the secondary dressing.
- Protects fragile granulation tissue
- Atraumatic dressing change
- Soft and conformable
- Compatible with topical treatments
- Allows passage of exudate through the dressing
- Should not be used on ulcers resulting from infection, such as tuberculosis, syphilis, or deep fungal infections, or on third degree burns
- If signs of infection (temperature, oedema, redness) appear or the wound deteriorates unexpectedly, contact proper medical authority. Resume use of Askina® SilNet when normal healing conditions are present
- Do not use excessive pressure on Askina® SilNet when used on mesh grafts
- Should not be changed for 5 days after skin graft fixation
- Do not use if pack is damaged or opened
- Askina® SilNet is indicated for the management of a wide range of wounds, partial to full thickness, such as:
- Second degree burns
- Skin grafts
- Donor sites
- Post-operative wounds
- Skin tears
- Stage 1 – IV pressure ulcers
- Venous, arterial and neuropathic ulcers